“Tales From the Member Trenches”
After an AMAZING win by our son Brady's football team (Marc is the head coach), we celebrated as a family with these delicious semi-homemade pizzas! I found the recipe from Udi's Gluten Free Foods' Facebook page.
Here it is for you! My kids liked it too, but they weren't fans of the balsamic reduction, and we went light on the Gorgonzola cheese for them.
We ended up with extra reduction, so we used it as a marinade for steaks! We put them in a bag and let them marinate overnight ! They were bright and delicious for our Sunday night (post Viking game) dinner!
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place Udi’s gluten-free pizza crust on a baking sheet, parchment, or pizza stone and bake (plain) for 5 minutes until warmed through.
3. Top with gorgonzola, mozzarella, roasted sweet potato and kale, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese browns slightly and a nutty aroma fills the air.
4. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan combine balsamic vinegar, orange zest, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer until thick and syrup-like.
6. Remove the pizza from the oven, drizzle with the orange-scented balsamic reduction and serve.
Lisé Freking is our resident Warehouse member blog writer. When she isn’t in the “member trenches” in Zumba, Bootcamp, Insanity, Tank Top Arms and more, Lisé enjoys time with her husband and their three children. Lisé has been involved in sports as long as she can remember: tennis, swimming, track (including shot and discus) and softball. Most recently, in addition to Warehouse classes, Lisé enjoys at least one good mud run obstacle course challenge a year! Lisé also enjoys a hot beach, a good book, and a cold drink in her spare time. She earned her undergraduate degrees in Journalism and Spanish at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (Go Badgers!) and her law degree from the John Marshall Law School in Chicago. She currently is an attorney-turned-marketing strategist at Thomson Reuters (25 years and counting). Look for Lisé’s monthly blog articles: “The Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth: Tales From the Warehouse Member Trenches” on www.nickiecarriganfitness.com.